We’re hiring a Product Designer to help design the future of Slack. Designers here work across every stage of product development, from creating the experience of new features, to prototyping and finding creative solutions, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. On our team, we appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, work collaboratively, and have a solid collection of animated GIFs.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send us a nice hello, plus links to your work and experience.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with design, product management, and engineering to generate ideas and turn them into a seamless product experience.
- Collaborate closely with senior designers on the team to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Partner with engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Use the Slack design system in order to design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features.
- Improve your team’s work by asking for and offering feedback from other product designers and cross-functional teammates.
What you should have
- 2+ years of experience in an individual contributor role on a product design team for desktop or mobile
- 2+ years of experience with visual and/or interaction design
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction, and visual design.
- Solid understanding of how to create usable, accessible, and modular designs that can scale to millions of users.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment.
- Experience partnering with product managers to execute on the strategy for product features.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (bonus points if you love to use emoji 😎).
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
When you apply to this job say that you saw it on the Cubicle Life!